Injector ID help please

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Sat Feb 10 14:57:31 GMT 2001

Greetings,

As I wrote about one month ago I recently acquired a TPI unit that
was supposedly offn a 305 engine... It has grey body injectors which led
me to believe (hope) it may actually be off a 350... that would be great
and maybe save me from buying new injectors for a little while at least..

Anyway, it was suggested I look at www.fuelinjection.com and try to
identify the fuel rail as that information might help as long as we can
trust the original owner didn't mix and match parts...

Turns out the fuel rail is a 17090100 which although not listed there
would have fallen into the middle of a group of 350 corvette part numbers
(hopes are getting higher!). So I called local GM and asked if they could
identify the injector by P/N but they came back with "no such part
number"...

How can I figure out what these injectors are? They have grey bodies with
a blue paint dot on each. The part number  wraps around the top of the
injector and reads "7090 17086543".

Thanks for any help

Andrew in Florida! Go Figure!