Howell RPM reference

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 04:19:43 GMT 2001

List,

Someone asked me a question about how to get his Jeep working with his DIY
TBI on his AMC 360. In the process of helping him out, he told me that Howell
gets their RPM reference by connecting the white wire of the distributor
harness to the negative side of the coil. Has anyone done this before on
their setup? I think I asked if this could be done before and was told there
are voltage spikes on the coil neg that the ECM could not handle. JW