'165 Minimum Air Question...

Kevin Crain kevin at warpten.com
Thu Feb 15 00:35:31 GMT 2001

When you set min air, are you doing it with the IAC disconnected and then
resetting the computer before reconnecting it?  Sounds like maybe not...and
the IAC is at max open or damaged.

You set min air with IAC disconnected and fully extended, then zap the ECM
and reconnect it.  The 450rpm you dialed in with no IAC should turn back
into 600rpm or so when the IAC is re-enabled and the ECM takes over idle
speed duty.

-Kevin

At 11:04 PM 2/13/01 EST, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>   I was curious if anyone can give some tips on setting the Minimum Air for
>an '87 '165 F-body?  The spec given is 450 rpms, but it seems too low.  I
>have it set there, and when I shift from Park or Drive into Reverse, the
RPMs