Mysterious black box id...

sapearso at collins.rockwell.com sapearso at collins.rockwell.com
Thu Feb 15 05:29:42 GMT 2001

Kinda like what they used on the pre-94 6.5 diesels? The one mounted up on
the drivers corner of the firewall.

Scott

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:32:35 -0500
From: Shannen Durphey <Shannen at grolen.com>
Subject: Mysterious black box id...

At one point someone had mentioned finding a "black box" mounted to the top
of a
van ecm.  I've done some checking in the books I have, and I haven't been
able to
locate that box.

However, using wire colors mentioned; green, green/blk, lt blu, lt blu/blk,
leads
me to think it might be a SMCC, stepper motor cruise control unit.  Might
want to
hold onto that box, it would make a good auxiliary throttle control.

Shannen