'165 Minimum Air Question...

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Feb 15 11:11:37 GMT 2001

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Nest question is just get a stepper motor drivers expeimenters kit.
> slow it down some, and you'll never worry about changin pintles again.
> I permanently soldered a IAC connector to it. and Doc had hours of fun
> tinkering with it

If the hot tool for everyone to have these days is an IAC exerciser, an
ECM could be retooled for that purpose.  Depending on how much your
local junk yards charge, this could be cheaper than a stepper motor kit.
I'd suggest a 1227748 ECM.  Add a 12 volt supply, a pair or so of
pushbuttons, a harness connector to plug onto the '748, and a short
program burned into a 27C128 EPROM - and it's done.