Remember trace detonation, headgaskets and bearings

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 23:35:59 GMT 2001

Hiya Bruce, do you have your heads back on with new gaskets yet, or did you
tear the entire motor down?  I am now getting a rattle from deep within and
more vibration than I think should be acceptable when the engine is cold.  I
am wondering if 2 years of too much advance may have hammered the bearings. I
have now 2000 miles after blowing the headgaskets.  I have plenty of oil
pressure - 60+ hot.  It has been buttfreezing cold and I am thinking about
getting rid of the extra advance the cold table provides.  I am running the
stock TBI timing curve plus 8 crank degrees.  If anyone has any clues let me
know.  I don't think I will have any problems starting or running even with
removing most of the added advance.  Also, is the cold table just used while
the engine is in open loop?

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!  kasaryan at aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                     Controls Engineer
Salina, KS  67401                  97 B12 / 93 chevy truck EFI 383
phone  (785) 825 5831
I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!
http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html">Ryan Hampl
and his happenin' Hotspot</A> - updated 11/20/00