Emulators, EconoRom III

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 19 14:02:26 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ludis Langens" <ludis at cruzers.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: Emulators, EconoRom III

> "Mark S. Riley" wrote:
> >
> > I think I need to do the "reset"
> > to the cpu input or the reset chip? Anyway, there is a whole list of
things
> > or places that the reset might be hooked up to so the reset can be
forced. I
> > am assuming this is like a "sync" process. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm
> > not am EE for sure. I can't even tell for sure which chip in the 1227148
is
> > the main cpu.
>
> Check the schematics on my web pages.  I don't have a '7148 there, but
> the reset circuit should be same as in the other C3's.  The watchdog
> circuit triggers reset by grounding the reset line.  I presume your
> emulator has an output which will do the same thing.

http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/c3pinouts.html#16032500   This is the 2732
schematic.
The reset line is the ~OE/VPP pin? Correct?

The ER3 has 2 reset outputs. From the manual,

 "RESET is an open emitter, ACTIVE HIGH output. /RESET is an open collector,
 ACTIVE LOW output. Both signals are pulled to the in-active state via very
weak
resistors. Connect the appropriate output to your target's RESET circuitry."

>From the sound of that I should use the /RESET LOW circuit.

Many Thanks, Mark