Later MAFs

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 20 02:05:16 GMT 2001

Nope,
If you could edit a .bin using the GN MAF, then maybe you could.   I don't
think anyone has tried that route.   Hmm, maybe an answer?.  Hope, one of
the clever guys can respond on this.

Did some more playing with all the combinations of parts I have, and:

The 3.5 center section in the 3" housing, with just the screen (ground off
the foil), is a total success.   FWIW, for the GN guys CR42s @ .030" gap, is
working perfectly.   Also, twisted the boost up to 25 PSI,  gads this is fun
Bruce

> I dug around on http://www.gnttype.org/ trying to answer this question
> before posting, no luck...will this translator work with the '165 ECM?
I'm
> dying for a way to run the bigger MAF on my f-body.
>
> Looks like two different MAF designs were used on the Regals, one that
> resembles the Bosch LH unit used on 3rd Gen F-bodies, and one that
> resembles the newer modular design used on 4th Gen F-bodies.
>
> -Kevin
>

> >I'd done some experimenting this am and thought I'd share it with ya'll.
> >Bailey Eng., makes a Translator.   It allows the use of the late MAFs (AL
> >housing) on the GNs (old platic Bosch units).  For some time there has
been
> >talk about removing the screens on the oem one, and performance.
> >Thanks to a couple listers, I had some spare bits to play with, and did
the
> >following, and there are the results.
> >1.  Running both the screen and foil, the car was smooth as silk, but
with a
> >slight loose of responsiveness.
> >2.  Running just the foil was more responsive, but at anything over 10
PSI