anyone have any runners ?

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Thu Feb 22 12:40:25 GMT 2001

I've been through that with a carburetor for a 67 Chevelle.  When the ups desk said
they wanted to take the part, I told them there was no way I was letting a numbers
matching carburetor out of my sight.  I submitted a bill for the new parts plus the
time required to rebuild the carb.  It took about 2 weeks, but they sent an
inspector to my site (turned out to be the local driver) to verify the damage, then
sent a check.

Be warned that the items should be packaged so they can withstand a drop of 3
feet.  Flimsy packaging makes it tough to get a claim through.  Using a place like
Mailboxes, etc to box and ship may cost slightly more but places the responsibility
for the packaging on their shoulders.

Just my .02 worth.
Shannen