Update: $6E CL Disable and Idle

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Thu Feb 22 19:07:50 GMT 2001

Finally got a chance to try some of the things the list had suggested.
Remember, I've been playing in open loop mode with $6E and leaning things
out.  Idle went to pot.  Well, richening the low MAF values made the lean
chip work when warm, but neither rich nor cold idled well when cold.  So, I
burned two chips with the first 6 entries in the spark table set to 15.5 and
17.9deg (according to Tunercat).  (Actual locations were rows 400,600,800
rpm and columns 32,48 gps, again according to cat's s/w.)  Well last night,
the 15.5 chip idled decent, but still with massive off-idle hestitation.
The 17.9 chip idled a little better, with much less hesitation.  A little
warm here still so don't know final conclusion.  Wish I could control the
weather. :-)

HTH somebody out there!

Steve