1227148 to 1227749 conversion?

Drew Skinner drew.skinner at lcra.org
Thu Feb 22 20:53:36 GMT 2001

Dern, there goes that idea, for some reason I had it in my mind that the Sy/Ty's were DIS as well....

I haven't given up yet on the '148, thanks for the reality check though :)

Drew

>>> nacelp at bright.net 02/22 2:03 PM >>>
There are differences in the way the timing is figured.
It's not a plug and play idea.
Lil things like the Sy code is set up for a distributor, and the reluctor is
a A/C generator ant that affects the timing calculations.  Be about as easy
to try and run the Turbo Gran Prix code form the 727 in the 749 ecm.  Least
it's DIS.  But again the TGP uses a reluctor sensor rather then the Hall
like the 148.

Just no easy way to change form a 148 to anything newer, unless you want to
figure out the MAF from a late S/C and use that, pcm.  But how to convert
the MAF stuff is beyond me.    Another idea is using the S/C pcm, and
patching the relative parts of say a LT1  or LS1 code into it, since the
MAFs are different, then use a LT1/LS1 Maf with the S/C Ponitac PCM.

Naaa, ain't given this any thought <g>
Bruce