1227148 to 1227749 conversion?

Drew Skinner drew.skinner at lcra.org
Thu Feb 22 21:22:34 GMT 2001

Guys, what about the roots type S/C cars (i.e. bonneville, park avenue, riviera)? Are these even farther off the plausibility scale? Do the buick, 90deg chevy V6, and 60deg V6 share the same firing order? Me thinks that would be too simple... :-/

Thanks,
Drew

>>> nacelp at bright.net 02/22 2:42 PM >>>

Turbo GP uses the 7 notch crank wheel dohickey (reluctor)
GN use crank cam hall effect switches
Bruce

> Drew, I havent done this, but the better choice in my mind
> would be the 7727 ECM and code from the Turbo GranPrix.
> The Syclone & Sunbird turbo cars used a ditributor.
> The TurboGranPrix used a DIS.
> Anyone know if the crank/cam sensor inputs the same in the
> GN & Turbo GP?
> Mike V
>
> In a message dated 2/22/01 2:39:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> drew.skinner at lcra.org writes:
>
> > Has anybody made this swap before or know someone who did? A friend of
mine
> > has an '87 T-type and is interested in upgrading(?) to the SyTy '749
ECM.