1227730 with 2 bar Map?

Dan Townsend xybertron at cox-internet.com
Fri Feb 23 03:10:55 GMT 2001

So I was curious and started reading what a 2 bar Map does.  Basically you
get the same voltage as a 1 bar Map but the readings are actually double.
So what would keep me from using a 2 bar Map but with the 730 ECM and 730
code but tune what the computer now sees as 50 KpA to actually be the real
100 KpA.  This would allow me to tune the setup to up to 14.7 lbs of boost.
Does this sound like I'm on the right track?  The only thing left is doing
the VE tables and spark Map.  This would leave me with all the functionality
as before.

Would I be better to drop what the computer thinks the injectors are so I
could keep away from 100+ % VE tables or would it work better to make it
think the engine is a 11.4 L or something like that?

DanT - Is this a good idea or time for me to put on the CSH?  :-)