RPM limits of GM computer/ignition module?

Christopher Bennight Christopher_Bennight at baylor.edu
Fri Feb 23 03:59:58 GMT 2001

   Thanks - I know MTI is developing this conversion with a LS1 8
coil setup, just waiting on some positive verification of RPM ability
from them.

   My big worry is that somehow the limit is inherent in the pcm - e.g.
to much overhead, etc.

| I've forgotten the supplier, but there is a Optispark to Coil Near Plug
| Conversion.
| If none of the LT1 guys remember, holler at me and I'll track it down.
| Bruce

    And FWIW he has tried a crane PS92 coil and an MSD coil with
the same results - so don't think it's a problem inherent to the coil.
He is usint a msd digital six for an ignition module, but I think on the
LT1's the module also interprets the signal from the optispark and
sends it to the pcm (been awhile since I wired it all up) - and was
wondering if this could possibly be the problem?

    Chris Bennight