RPM limits of GM computer/ignition module?

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Fri Feb 23 04:42:40 GMT 2001

Opti is connected directly to ecm, but shares 2 lines with module.  Signal low, and
possibly 12V.  I'd have to check the book to confirm this.

A good oscilliscope will be able to show the opti signals to the ecm, and the coil
signals from the ecm.  With all the $$ that goes into trying new parts, I'm sure
you could find a scope capable of showing opti signals.
Somehow, guys think it's ok to guess at $400-$1200 dollar parts but consider it bad
juju to actually try to pinpoint the problem using tools.

If you keep going the parts route, let me know when you're done.  I'll make a
package offer on the stuff that you didn't need to buy  With the frustration level
peaked, it should be really cheap. ; )

BTW, I bought a new handheld digital O-scope from the Snappy dealer for $500.  A
little talking and a little cash can get you a very worthwhile piece of equipment.

Shannen

<snip>