2732A EPROM problem

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 16:13:54 GMT 2001

In a message dated 02/24/2001 6:49:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JTesta1966 at aol.com writes:

<< Have you tried running a blank check first? Maybe the PP has the dreaded
bad
 transistor? Ask Dan Smith about that one. I believe his died in Bristol this
 year.

 I get my 2732's from bgmicro.com. Theyre all pulls, but for $1.75 thats fine
 w/me. I've had maybe 5 in 100 that wouldnt burn. >>

I ran a blank check first and it checked out okay on all five chips. Also
burned a 2732A National Semiconductor in between these five with no problems,
so I'm pretty sure the burner works. Could it be they sold me a bunch of bad
chips? I have ruined other chips by erasing too long.

JW