felpro 1010s and 8625 software

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 19:21:24 GMT 2001

Bruce when I used the 1003's if you follow the instructions carefully you saw
that they have revised water passages, necessitating some holes drilled in
the block faces in some locations.  The 1010's are the same way.  I am using
a mexican 350 gmpd block in my 383 and it is updated with everything thru 85,
and has oil dipstick slots on both sides.  Some people frown when they see
hecho en mexico, but according to some, these blocks have more nickel in the
iron and resist wear better.  With the 1010's I have less trouble with
wandering coolant temps, perhaps due to the revised cooling layout.  Have you
just yanked the heads, or are you changing bearings too?

The 8625 is used along with the 7427 in late trucks with 4l60e.  I am also
led to believe that it is used in some lt1 cars.

At one time on the website there was a supercharged 350 bin for the 7427 that
appeared to use a 2 bar map sensor with a 1 bar program . . .ie  everything
was condensed.  Who put this up, has specifics, and could tell how it works.
I would like to know.

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!  kasaryan at aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                     Controls Engineer
Salina, KS  67401                  97 B12 / 93 chevy truck EFI 383
phone  (785) 825 5831
I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!
http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html">Ryan Hampl
and his happenin' Hotspot</A> - updated 11/20/00