Manual Idle tweaking

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Mon Feb 26 06:40:23 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I'm after some pointers on how to make my car not so easy to stall.
I think it stalls way to easily, in fact I've noticed in most cars that you
can generally park by riding the clutch without any accelerator input. With
my car if I try this it will stall.

So, what sort of adjustments should I be looking for as far as the idle
motor control goes without getting it surging etc, to me it's like the
stepper is not reacting quick enough to the imminent stall condition.

At idle, the stepper motor position is at 45, and RPM between 750 & 800.

Thanks,
Ross Myers