Helpful Suggestion

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 03:47:09 GMT 2001

Shannen Writes:
---------------
But doing this means restarting the pc in DOS mode
every time I want to
burn a
chip, then going back to Windows for the next round of
tuning.  It gets
to be a
PITA, and if your pc takes a while to boot, the
restarts can easily eat
up the
better part of an hour.
---------------

<Scratches head, confused>

You've got a Pocket Programmer, no?

I use mine all the time *in* Windows (98SE). Used
it on NT before, also, works fine. Programs most
anything, except for the extremely stubborn Atmel
Flash (29C256), but that doesn't work in DOS, either.

You might have to set up a .PIF file for it on some
machines, but that's not too tough. I usually have
more trouble with the parallel port setup, than
anything else.

Not that having the network isn't nice.. I use it to
xfer .gdfs to/from the laptops. Beats "SneakerNet" all
to heck.

Later,

Dig
turbodig at yahoo.com