diy-EGOR

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Mon Feb 26 03:00:01 GMT 2001

My 2 sensors have resistors of 3.58K and 14.97K.  I
assume these are used to calibrate the ECU to the
particular sensor plugged in, since the wideband
sensors are not completely consistent in performance
from one unit to the next.  According to the info that
used to be at  www.vb.co.za/  it's to compensate for
variations in the heater resistance to get consistent
temperature

I see my sensor with 3.58K resistor has a 3.1 ohm
heater, while the one with 14.97K resistor has a 2.8
ohm heater resistance cold.  Guess we need to tear
apart a Honda to see what that means.  Maybe some
others could add some points to the above.  My guess
is all heaters require the same POWER, but I don't
know how much

OK, what model Honda was that again I need to steal
the ECU out of to run this experiment?  Bruce Roe