98 Vs 94 4L60E

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Mon Feb 26 23:31:42 GMT 2001

     Dale,
     95 and up PCMs read and adjust line pressure per Map -Tps +  referred
as T.A.P. 95 and up pumps show  "PWM" letters on front of pump casting.
     Non "PWM" pump will fit , however the Pressure control circuit is then
disabled which flags a DTC 73 in OBD1 .
   95 and up also have  additional  VB solenoid for this pressure control
routine along with a "feed back loop "and added code for A4
     Software. Can't remember exactly , later down stream TCC Apply is also
involved with PWM as well. All depends on MY and Vehicle specific features.
     All this "boils down" to Transmission Adaptive Pressure Modifiers.
They can get in the way @ Drag Strip. Mixing SW Code and HW can produce a
     Screen full of  DTCs or POs . FWIW.
     Len