[Diy_efi] injector placement

john smith abc_efi at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 18:29:10 GMT 2002

--0-343873883-1024636473=:40217

 Been thinking about fuel economy. Perhaps doing something to aid atomization or keeping fuel in suspension rather than sitting on the manifold wall waiting to be sucked into the cylinder. I am looking at motorcycle engines and from what I have seen carbs can be more economical and put out more power. The main reason for FI seems to be drivability and emission control. If you think about it fuel drawn from a carb jet is in a moving airstream all the time whereas the injected fuel is often squirted in when the valve is closed and probably turns back to liquid while it is waiting. Although I have read part of a SAE paper which said the fuel atomization and mixing doesnt take place until the last phase of the compression stroke. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has seen different effects from different placements.
Thanks
  bill.shurvinton at nokia.com wrote: What are you trying to do?