[Diy_efi] DIY-WBO2 circuit improvement suggestion

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Fri Jun 21 18:30:03 GMT 2002

Yeah, that could work if you set up the 338 to handle
20 watts without thermal shutdown.  Of course only
about 25% of the input power would reach the sensor.
You will need several times as much battery (I think
the original problem was a battery couldn't maintain
14 volts).  So now you have this rather large battery, a
DC-DC converter, a 20 watt voltage regulator, and a
DIY-WB on.......  a motorcycle, right?

Of course if the sensor could run directly from the
motorcycle or a battery, life would be simpler.  Some
experiments are underway to try and do this.

Bruce Roe