[Diy_efi] WB O2 and Alternate Fuel

Hugh Keir hugh.keir at pathfinderlwd.com
Sat Jun 22 00:18:43 GMT 2002

Gar,

You asked "Interesting topic. Anyone else with decent equipment planning
on experimenting with H2O injection w/alk, nos, turbo, s/c?"

I am finishing off building my twin turbo, 3.0 straight six engine and
plan to use ceramic coating on the pistons, combustion chamber, exhaust
and inlet ports and valves.

I also intend to use water injection to keep the combustion / exhaust
gasses down from critical levels.

My Apexi ECU allows data logging of the twin wideband voltages along
with most other engine parameters including engine revs and vehicle
speed.

I am half way through writing a spread sheet to use the data log to
calculate BHP by looking at the change in engine revs and allowing for
vehicle speed x Cd x frontal area, I also hope to add in air density and
wind direction.

I have no idea how little or much will be gained by the water or water +
alky in terms of performance, but I hope my spread sheet will tell no
lies.

Hugh Keir=20