[Diy_efi] Intercooled question

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Wed Jun 26 16:24:52 GMT 2002

If you look at the manufacturers' bottom line, there's only two approved
refrigerants for automotive use. R12 and R134a. I've been doing A/C work for
the past 18 years, and R134a often works better than R12 did...and it works
just great in a system designed  for R12, regardless of what you hear...just
jump through the simple hoops and it's done. Most people tend to overcharge
the system since they look at the R12 amount--and think R134a has to be
a similar charge...it doesn't work that way. I could care less what some
website
that promotes alternatives, says...I know what works.

Lyndon
HRAI Certification among others...