[Diy_efi] tiny injection

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Wed Jun 26 16:27:12 GMT 2002

> One thing we are working on is a dual throttle body set-up where a
> computer controlled t/b is placed before the s/c.  This
> approach allows
> the s/c to be sized much more aggressively for much earlier boost, as
> well as slightly more efficient operation.  (Recall that all
> these crank
> driven centrifugal s/c have a boost output linear with RPM - a
> disadvantage compared to exhaust-driven, or pos.
> displacement.) Like a
> wastegate function, except there is no "waste."
>
> Marc Reviel
> PowerLogix, http://powerlogix.com, co-owner/CTO
> Forced-Air Systems of Texas, http://www.f-a-s-tonline.com, co-owner

My understanding was that the output of a centrifugal compressor
was a function of rpm^2, not linear.

Also, a secondary function of the bypass, regardless of the location
of the blower before/after the throttle body, is to bypass the
compressor under low load conditions and reduce parasitic
drag when no boost is "needed".  This is probably more important
for a positive displacement blower though...

Steve