[Diy_efi] was tiny inj: now supercharger

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 29 03:05:46 GMT 2002

>It wants passwords and usernames at the links
>Bruce

I went ahead and joined the "supercharger group" and viewed the files in
youre folder. I like youre throttlebody :)

I've worked with the same belt/tensioner you have there. It will slip above
15psi and possibly before that(psi of boost is an arbitrary number to use,
since you'll have less indicated boost if youre engine breaths better).
Are you going to run all of those intercoolers? if so will the air-air ones
be in series or parallel? are you running the water from the back of the
heads to the front through those hard lines? if so thats prpbably a good
idea. Have you done any cooling mods on the block? I've had good luck by
blocking/restricting some of the front block-head transfer holes and
drilling 2 spark plug cooling passages per cylinder on the deck. Bill
Jenkins and Smokey use to do stuff like that(even used external hard lines
on the block). What heads,cam and pistons are you using?
Anyhow it looks like you got the parts to make a buttload of power. Which
version of the blower are you using?
As for the belt, I'd try what you have before going to the gilmer setup. The
piece of hardware I've seen fail several times that I see on youre is that
tensioner. The big end(where it pivots) seems to wallow out somehow(I never
inspected one real close when it got sloppy) I replaced 2 on the same car in
the same year(the first one lasted a few years with a milder engine and low
boost) With lower boost levels one belt lasted something like 30,000-40,000
miles. but after the rebuild and step-up it was more like a belt a month.

Good luck and Keep me informed on youre progress.
Marvin