Helpful suggestion

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Sun Feb 25 05:21:21 GMT 2001

Geez, I was gonna send this offlist.  Seems there's some interest in the topic.

Ya know, I pinned the guy (err, kid) that maintains the company network down one
day and asked about connecting the 2 boxes.  He was pretty lost.  If it's not
Windows, it doesn't work.

One pc has windows NT workstation, the other is DOS only.  I've got a few network
cards around.  It only seemed natural to connect the two.

Any sources of info you can recommend?  I'm going to look for readme files on the
NT machine.  I found a webpage that says there might be some info there.

Right now the floppy disk solution works.  Someday I'd like to connect the machines
together.  Floppy disk drives plus garage environment make for trouble.

Some things I've found:

Workgroup Add-On 3.11 for Dos seems to be the most common hit on the search
engines.
There's some update files around.
No good pages explaining the set up part yet.

Shannen