98 Vs 94 4L60E

washburn lpwcruzr at sysmatrix.net
Sun Feb 25 22:37:22 GMT 2001

I need a quick answer on this one. I have some manuals on the way but I
don't think they'll get here in time. I currently have a 94 TBI 5.7L w/
4L60E setup. I have found a good deal on a 98 model Vortec 5.7L that
originally had a 4L60E as well. I want to remove the TBI motor and drop in
the Vortec. I need to know if the VCM from a 98 C1500 w/5.7L & 4L60E tranny
will work with a similar 94 model 4L60E.  I know the '98 4L60E has a PRNDL
switch and my 94 does not. My 94 does have the bosses on the tranny for it
though. I will install the PRNDL switch on the '94. I just want to double
check and make sure they didn't change the location of any wires within the
wiring harness plug at the tranny etc. I can scan in the 94 model diagram
from the manual if anyone has a newer manual to compare with. I just need to
know if this will work before I buy the engine.
Thanks
Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr at sysmatrix.net