98 Vs 94 4L60E

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Mon Feb 26 02:43:43 GMT 2001

       Might want to check if 94 4L60E has PWM Pump , 98 has it , OBD2 PCM
       will be looking for it. If 94 is sans , Install later PWM Pump and
change the
       internal harness and connector. Trans control harness from 94 PCM
will be
       missing the required extra wire[s]. Ya just need to compare what you
have
       against the 98. Most 95 and later 4L60Es are PWM, Most 94 and earlier
       are not. The 98 trans should have  a bolt on bell housing , your 94
may not.
       Compare all functions from the 98 to your 94 , avoids problems
later.You'll
       need longer Selector- Detent  shaft to utilize the external PRNDL /
BackUp
       Light switch module and the needed Metri Pack connectors.If you get
the 98
       Trans, get torque converter with it.   FYI.
       Len